Tuesday 21 November 2023

Now published and available on Amazon

The book I’ve been slaving away on for the past few years, The Hemingway enigma: How did a middling writer achieve such global literary fame? is now published and available to buy.

I have in the past linked to my website of the same name, but I found that converting the text of the website into a book was not as straightforward as it might seem.

For one thing the website consists of 46 different webpages and a random visitor will land on any of them.

For that reason each page, to a certain extent, needed some context, and so there is overall quite a lot of repetition in those 46 pages.

It is also unlikely that a visitor would start at ‘Page one’, the Preface, and read the following pages in sequence.

Thus for the book I pretty much had to re-write the lot, to mainly to get rid of repetition but also to streamline my thoughts a little more.

I printed it using Amazon’s very good KDP service and as part of that – free – service it is listed on Amazon sites globally. Here are some of them: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Canada, Australia, Japan, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Poland and Sweden.

If you think you might be interested, why not buy a copy?


No comments:

Post a Comment