Tuesday 27 October 2020

Mainly for Anonymous (but others are just as welcome as long as you wipe your feet on the way in and keep your hands off the spoons)

This is appearing on my ‘private’ blog, but I gather it isn’t quite as private as I thought. So what they hell. This entry is specifically for Anonymous who kindly left a comment on August 26 earlier this year.

Thank you for your comment. Things still not brilliant between myself and my wife. Believe it or not one of the main things which bothers me is (a la JC's 'look to the beam in your own eye' etc and though I'm a signed up atheist, it is good advice all-round) is how much I might be two blame. Who knows?

We rarely see ourselves in true focus, either pitching ourselves too high or too low. At the risk of being laughed at (by you) for quoting a song, there's a good one by Leon Russell called Magic Mirror, and about a year ago I set it to images and posted it on YouTube.


It was just by chance that I came across your comment (and thank you for it, it's cheering to know that something you've written has at least been read) so please forgive the delay. These last few days have been a particular piss-off for one reason or another, but it would bore you to go into details. However, I keep reminding myself that in the grand scheme of things, I am better off than many. I won't have to give you examples as I'm sure you can come up with your own.

As for Hemingway, he has gone on the back-burner these past few weeks: my stepmother died in July and I was tied up doing all sorts, registering death etc, organising her funeral. I have inherited her cottage (which might reinforce my admission that I am most certainly not as deep in the shit as many when you think of all those living in crap conditions or who are homeless) and I have spent at least a month clearing it out so that my daughter can move in with her husband and two-year-old - they have been living with his parents for the past four years, not renting as they could to save up for a house of their own. I'm letting her live there for £1 a year, plus paying their own bills.

But I have a lot more written about Hemingway than has so far appeared on the website. In fact if you are interested and wouldn't mind doing me a favour, I can post pdfs of what I have so far written for you to read and comment (and ‘I don’t think this bit works’ or ‘this bit is confusing’ is 1,000 more useful to me than ‘I think this is brilliant!’). If you were interested it would not take long for me to post them as I have so far posted a reviews and commentaries I’ve come across and used. If you are interested, leave another comment or email me.

By the way, what’s your name. It might be ‘Barry’ (a friend who sometimes reads my main blog) or it could be someone entirely different.

Take care, P.

No comments:

Post a Comment